Ration card is important documents for every person in India. It can be provided by the food and civil supplies department of Punjab. With help of ration card citizens can purchase sugar, rice, oil and cereal. A ration card also helps you to get the benefits of the various schemes of the State and the Central Governments. This legal document called ration card can be used as an identity proof, which is accepted at many places.
Types of Ration Card in Punjab
Punjab Government provides three types of ration cards to the citizens of Punjab which are as follows:
The Below Poverty Line (BPL) Ration Card: This types ration card is provided to families who earn less than Rs. 10,000/- per year. The card gives them access to commodities at subsidized prices.
The APL or the Above Poverty Line Ration Card: This types ration card is provided to families with an annual income above Rs. 10,000/-. However, APL cardholders are not entitled to any subsidy benefits.
The Antyodaya Ration Card: is a ration card provided to the poorest of the families, which have unstable income levels. They are entitled to numerous benefits under the Antyodaya Anna Yojana.
Required Documents to Apply New Ration Card in Punjab
If you are going to apply for new ration card in Punjab you required the listed documents so have a glance on it.
⇒ Photograph of the Family
⇒ Proof of residence
⇒ Letter of Declaration
⇒ Duly attested application form
⇒ Previous card’s Surrender Certificate, if applicable
⇒ Depot’s FPD report, if applicable
Online Method to Apply New Ration Card in Punjab
The online method to apply for a new ration card is the fastest and easy way to apply for a new ration card. Make sure you follow all steps properly and you would be ready with a completed application in on time:
1. Visit the official website of the Food Supply and Customer’s State Department here: http: //foodsuppb.nic.in/
2. Click the online application button.
3. A new window open on your screen will appear with the application form.
4. Then enter all the correct information in the application form.
5. Upload scanned documents in support of the proof of identity and address proof and family group picture in the prescribed certificates.
6. After filling all the details asked, click the submit button.
7. Once you submit the will receive the receipt number please note it down as it will help you to track the status of your ration later.
Punjab Ration Card Department Details
Department Name: Food Department, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs
Address: Food Department, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Jandiala Road, Focal Point, Tarn Taran, Punjab 143401
Director, Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs: Shri Shivdar Singh Dhillon, IAS Director Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Food Department, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Anuj Bhawan, Sector 39-C, Chandigarh
Official website: http: //foodsuppb.nic.in/